Medicare Options

If I have Medicare, why do I need additional coverage?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program. While Medicare has excellent benefits, it does not cover 100% for all benefits. For example, Medicare covers 80% for doctor visits, which leaves you with the remaining 20%.

About 90% of Medicare consumers have additional coverage to manage their medical costs. Additional coverage may include Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicare Supplement, retiree health benefits from a former employer, Tricare for Life for retired military service members and spouses, and VA health care benefits.

What additional coverage to get depends on your needs, financial situation, and options available to you.

Make an appointment, email or call Elaine.

Read more in FAQ and my blogs to learn more about Medicare options.